Our first event specifically for Canadian Tour Directors, Tour Guides and Tour Operators, featuring a recruitment fair and education sessions.
This 2-day virtual event will take place February 22-23, 2022.
The International Association of Tour Directors and Guides (IATDG) has been the leading recruitment and education conference for Tour Director and Guides in North America since 2016. This virtual event will be our first event specifically for Canadian based Tour Directors and Guides. Top-tier over the road tour operators will be looking to hire Tour Directors and Guides for tours in the Rocky Mountains and Eastern Canada for both student and adult tours.
Companies now participating
Destination America, Education First/Go Ahead Tours/Ultimate Break Tours, Gate 1 Canada, Globus Family of Brands, Globus/Cosmos, Golden Holidays, Grand Circle Travel, Grand Classroom, Jonview, Journeys Across Canada, Makwa, Mayflower, New World Travel, Odysseys Unlimited, Onward, Tauck, Vacations by Rail, WestWorld Tours!
This event is for you…
- If you work as a professional tour director or tour manager
- If you work as a professional tour guide
- If you work for a tour company and are involved with recruiting, hiring, and/or employing professional tour directors and guides
- If you are professionally involved with the training or educating travel industry professionals
- If you are professionally involved with the licensing or certification of tour directors and guides
What you gain by attending
- An exclusive opportunity to interview qualified, skilled, and trained tour directors and guides and see them in action (Tour Operators)
- An exclusive opportunity to interview with some of the worlds top tour operators and show them your best (Tour Guides and Directors)
- Build relationships with tour industry leaders and experts
- Support an event that truly supports you and your industry
- Network with industry friends and colleagues
- Take advantage of educational and professional development opportunities
- Gain and increase your knowledge of key industry issues, news, and trends
- Learn more about IATDG and how the organization will benefit you
Tuesday February 22, 2022 (Eastern time zone, USA and Canada)
11:00am – 11:15am
11:15am – 12:15pm
Tips From Your Tour Operators
Featuring: Jordan Allen (Onward), Kirsten Kern (Gate 1), Saskia Levesque (Journeys Across Canada), Kristin Manzoli (Destination America)
12:30pm – 1:30pm
1:45pm – 2:45pm
Raising Our Voices: A Candid Discussion With Indigenous Guides
Featuring: Moderator, Tracey Gage (Interpretive Guides Association), Brenda Holder (Mahikan Tours), Tim Patterson (Zucmin Guiding), Joe Urie (Jasper Tour Company)
3:00pm – 4:00pm
Travel Trends for 2022 and Beyond
Featuring Janice Sousa (Indie Travel)
Wednesday February 23, 2022
Pitch Perfect Presentations
Perfect Pitch offers 1 ½ min to share your best elevator pitch via Zoom with all tour operators attending.
Each tour company will have copies of résumés as the interviews take place. This is the best possible format to be seen by all tour companies!
No Travel Required!
Please contact [email protected] if your organization is interested in sponsoring the IATDG TourConnect 2022 event.
After two challenging years, the willingness to travel is strong among consumers and over the road tour operators are looking to hire tour directors and guides to run their Canadian tours again. Register today for this complimentary event.
For those interviewing, we ask you to respect the commitment of the tour companies and consider this an agreement to participate.
All candidates planning to attend the interview sessions are required to be either a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident.
Tour operators wishing to attend the event can contact [email protected]
Registration for those interviewing may be cancelled up until February 12, 2022. If you intend to cancel, please submit written confirmation to [email protected] prior to February 12, 2022 to be removed from the interview list.