A premier travel industry event for tour managers, tour guides and tour operators. Top talent Recruitment, Education and Networking.
IATDG is for you…
- If you work as a professional tour director or tour manager
- If you work as a professional tour guide
- If you work for a tour company and are involved with recruiting, hiring, and/or employing professional tour directors and guides
- If you are professionally involved with the training or educating travel industry professionals
- If you are professionally involved with the licensing or certification of tour directors and guides
What you gain by attending
- An exclusive opportunity to interview qualified, skilled, and trained tour directors and guides and see them in action (Tour Operators)
- An exclusive opportunity to interview with some of the worlds top tour operators and show them your best (Tour Guides and Directors)
- Build relationships with tour industry leaders and experts
- Support an event that truly supports you and your industry
- Network with industry friends and colleagues
- Take advantage of educational and professional development opportunities
- Gain and increase your knowledge of key industry issues, news, and trends
- Explore and learn about the Southern California you never knew
- Learn more about IATDG and how the organization will benefit you
Wednesday, November 11
Registration and Check-In Opens
Tour Guide President and Officer’s Meeting
First-Timer Meet and Greet with Conference Navigators
Evening Opening Social
Thursday, November 12
Friday, November 13
Saturday, November 14
Sunday, November 15
Final Call-back Interviews
Join us at the newly-renovated host hotel for the IATDG 2020 Conference. This fun, retro hotel offers a great low rate, location and amenities.
Town and Country Hotel
500 Hotel Circle North
San Diego, CA 92108
800-772-8527, Option 2, Reference IATDG Tour and Talent Conference Room Block
Room Rate: $119.00/nt
***Be sure to book early as this hotel is expected to sell out quickly
CLICK HERE TO BOOK HOTEL ONLINE
Take a foot bridge to the Fashion Valley shopping district, an upscale dining and shopping destination
Steps away from San Diego’s light rail transit service
Centrally located to all of San Diego’s greatest attractions
Hotel shuttle service to Fashion Valley Center, Old Town Mission Valley Center and Hazard Center
Guest and Meeting Room WiFi
Unlimited access to Fitness Center
Coffee in guest room
USA Today in Lobby and Dining outlets
From the beautiful beaches and vistas to exciting night life and one of the largest zoos in the world, San Diego has plenty to offer! Average winter temperatures in the 60’s and 70’s encourage year-round outdoor activity. The area’s Native American roots and Spanish mission heritage along with a military influence all contribute to a rich cultural history just waiting to be explored.
SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (SAN)
- Served by 17 airlines
- 11 min drive from airport to Town & Country Hotel (Host Hotel)
- Approx. $11 – $20 via Uber or Lyft
More information on the 2020 FAM trips will be available soon!
Interested sponsors may contact IATDG at [email protected]
Platinum Sponsor for 2019
Complete Transportation Sponsor for 2019
Luncheon Sponsor for 2019
Student Tour Company Lunch Sponsor for 2019
Friday night Opening Event Sponsor for 2019
- Registration can be canceled (less $100) prior to August 1, 2020. After August 15, 2020, the cost of registration is 100% non-refundable. If you intend to cancel, please submit written confirmation to [email protected] prior to August 1, 2020, in order receive your refund.
- Registration can be transferred to another person prior to October 1, 2020. If you intend to transfer your registration, please submit written confirmation to [email protected] prior to October 1, 2020. Notification, full payment, and registration account changes must be completed prior to October 1, 2020. IATDG will not assist in the process of identifying, registering, or payment for transferring.
- Registrants who are offered paid positions during the dates of the conference, by any tour company participating in the conference, may be eligible for a full refund prior to August 1, 2020. Written confirmation from the employer must be provided no later than August 1, 2020.
- If you are paying for membership with your registration, your total membership fee ($75) is non-refundable. Those members whose renewal anniversary is prior to November 15th and who are receiving the membership discount will be required to renew prior to the conference.