Friday, November 8
9:30am – 11:30am Mock Interviews
12pm Registration and Check-In Opens
1:00pm – 4:00pm Mock Interviews
2pm – 5pm CPR Course
Tax Sessions (by lottery starting mid-October)
5:00pm – 6:00pm Tour Guide President and Officer’s Meeting
7:00pm – 7:30pm Volunteer Training
7:30pm – 8:00pm First-Timer Meet and Greet with Conference Navigators
8:00pm Evening Opening Social
Saturday, November 9
8:00am Interview Prep
5:00pm Open Night
Sunday, November 10
5:00pm Team-building Event and Dine-Around
Monday, November 11
7:00pm Final Night Event
Tuesday, November 12
8:30am Final Call-back Interviews
11:30am – 6:30pm FAM Trips
Please note the conference hotel no longer has room nights in our block on November 7th. Please reserve your rooms for November 8th and later as soon as possible. Should you need additional room nights starting the 8th, the Hilton Garden Inn Sea World is 1 mile away and is another alternative.
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at Sea World
10100 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32821
Room Rate: $109.00/nt (RESORT FEE WILL BE WAIVED AT REGISTRATION IF MINIMUMS ARE MADE)
CLICK HERE TO BOOK HOTEL ONLINE
With seven of the top theme parks all in one sunny location, Orlando is the theme park capital of the world. And, with more than 68 million visitors in 2016, this Central Florida city is also the most visited tourist destination in the United States. In addition to the theme parks, award-winning food scene, versatile shopping and hidden gems, Orlando continues to offer new, unique experiences for visitors that create cherished memories.
Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Served by 39 airlines
- 15 min drive to Doubletree Hotel Sea World (Host Hotel)
- Approx. $15-25 via Uber or Lyft
Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- 1 hour and 15 min drive to Doubletree Hotel Sea World (Host Hotel)
- Approx. $70 – 90 via Uber or Lyft
Select from one of these fabulous FAMs that are included with registration!
Winter Park, FL Come and enjoy another side of Central Florida in Winter Park, home to world-class museums, beautiful gardens and lakes, upscale boutiques and jewelers, fine-dining restaurants and sidewalk cafes, and luxury accommodations. We’re less than 10 minutes north of Orlando but a world away from the busy theme parks.
Live like a local on a day of touring. Your experience begins at the Winter Park History Center to quickly learn the history of this Central Florida gem. You’ll find lunch at the Alfond Inn is more than just an excellent meal – it’s also a dazzling cultural experience as eye-opening and provocative art from Rollins College’s Cornell Fine Arts Museum graces its walls.
An after-lunch stroll down historic Park Avenue offers the opportunity to stop into some of our traditional clothing stores and unique boutiques. You’ll also have a perfect view of the beautifully landscaped Central Park and its rose garden. After visiting our world-famous Morse Museum of Art, which houses the most comprehensive collection of Louis Comfort Tiffany’s works anywhere in the world, you’ll end the day with a sunset cruise to get yet another perspective of our fine city.
Lake Wales, FL, south of Orlando, is the home of Bok Tower Gardens, one of Florida’s first attractions. The centerpiece is the historic 60-bronze bell tower surrounded by a 157-acre garden, which is also home to more than 120 species of wild birds. This historic attraction completed a $14 million expansion that includes an interactive children’s area, an outdoor kitchen to showcase farm to table cuisine, a wild garden and an edible garden. Stroll the gardens and enjoy lunch at the Blue Palmetto Café. Following Bok Tower is a visit to Ridge Island Groves. Experience a true Florida citrus grove (opened seasonally). Pick citrus from the trees yourself, learn how Florida fruit is packaged for shipping and sample the different types of citrus found in Central Florida. Enjoy homemade ice cream and have fresh fruit shipped home.
Historic Downtown Orlando, FL will be the centerpiece of this tour. Many people come to Orlando without ever coming to Orlando. The number one tourist destination in North America – Orlando has its fair share of tourists, however, most of them come here to go to one of the many theme parks. Come with us as we visit the REAL Orlando to get a true local experience as we Explore Historic Downtown Orlando with a walking tour. Along the way you will learn about the rich history, enjoy a lakeside lunch, tour the History Center and the Amway Center – home of the Orlando Magic, and much more. Join us!
Florida Beaches Two opportunities will be offered to enjoy the beautiful local beaches of Florida. Relax either Friday, November 8th or Tuesday, November 12th. More details out soon!
- Registration can be canceled (less $100) prior to August 1, 2019. After August 15, 2019, the cost of registration is 100% non-refundable. If you intend to cancel, please submit written confirmation to [email protected] prior to August 1, 2019, in order receive your refund.
- Registration can be transferred to another person prior to October 1, 2019. If you intend to transfer your registration, please submit written confirmation to [email protected] prior to October 1, 2019. Notification, full payment, and registration account changes must be completed prior to October 1, 2019. IATDG will not assist in the process of identifying, registering, or payment for transferring.
- Registrants who are offered paid positions during the dates of the conference, by any tour company participating in the conference, may be eligible for a full refund prior to August 1, 2019. Written confirmation from the employer must be provided no later than August 1, 2019.
- If you are paying for membership with your registration, your total membership fee ($75) is non-refundable. Those members whose renewal anniversary is prior to November 12th and who are receiving the membership discount will be required to renew prior to the conference.